Volunteer registrations for Fringe 2014 are now open!
Adelaide Fringe simply couldn’t operate without the generous support of its wonderful team of volunteers who work alongside our team to deliver such programs as Opening Night Parade, Fringe in the Mall, Street Theatre Festival and other Adelaide Fringe produced projects and activities.
There are two different ways to volunteer with Fringe this year, depending on whether you can only give a small amount of time, or if you are looking for a role with a bit more commitment. Apply today to be Fringe Parade Volunteer or part of the Core Volunteer Team!
Adelaide Fringe Volunteers can join one of these two teams:
Core Volunteer Team
Are you are looking for industry experience and real networking opportunities within the biggest arts festival in the Southern Hemisphere? A select group of around 50 Core Volunteers will offer more of their time to be involved in the Fringe throughout the lead up to and during the entire four-week festival
Applications are open until 13 Dec 2013.
Our 50+ Core Volunteer Team members work closely with the Adelaide Fringe team to deliver a number of Fringe projects. These include Fringe Parade, Fringe In The Mall, Street Theatre Festival, Fringe Free Bus, Honey Pot, FringeTIX, Fringe Club and more.
This is a more involved role and requires strong commitment and time offered to Adelaide Fringe.
PLUS receive your own Fringe Club pass to rub shoulders with industry and artists throughout the entire four-week festival!
Core Volunteer Team members will be expected to volunteer anywhere from 50 hours to 100 hours for the Fringe from January 2014, and including the four-week festival from 14 February to 16 March 2014.
Roles and responsibilities will vary, and roles may include:
- Key opening night fringe parade marshals
- Festival admin assistants
- Design and production assistants
- Information and box office assistants
- Venue and special event assistants
- Corporate and Fringe Club hospitality assistants
Requirements to join our Core Volunteer Team:
- Aged 18 and over with strong work ethic
- Interested in working in depth on festival projects
- Strong willingness to learn and work collaboratively as a team member
- Good availability in the lead up to and during Fringe
- Flexibility in roles
- Commitment to Adelaide Fringe
Apply here to be a part of our Core Volunteer Team!
Fringe Parade Volunteers
All of our Fringe Volunteers will be involved in our Opening Night Fringe Parade on Friday 14 February 2014.
Sign up here to be a Fringe Parade Volunteer!
Applications are open until 17 January 2014.
If you only have limited time to give but want to be involved in Fringe and be a part of the fun, then there is no better way than to be a Fringe Parade Volunteer! PLUS get your special invite to our opening night Fringe parade after-party at the Fringe Club!
We need over 300 Parade Volunteers to help us stage the iconic Fringe Parade on Friday 14 February 2014, assisting with the marshalling and running of this brilliant event.
Roles may include working as:
- Route marshals
- Disabled access marshals
- In the lost children tent (Volunteer must have Police Clearance to work with children)
- Manning equipment, lighting and floats
- Artist and volunteer registration assistants
Requirements to be a Fringe Parade Volunteer:
- Aged 18 and above, with a fun and firm attitude
- Capable of working among a crowd of 30,000+
- Must commit to work from 5pm-10pm at our Opening Parade, Friday 14 February 2014
- Must attend our Fringe Parade Volunteer Briefing on Monday 10 February 2014, venue and time TBC
We look forward to seeing you at Adelaide Fringe 2014!