Every year the Fringe transforms Adelaide into a magic wonderland of mythical proportions! The wild fun had at Fringe is talked about far and wide and forever.
Our festival is fifty six years old and Fringe folklore is deeply embedded into the story of Adelaide. The Adelaide Fringe is an Open Access Festival which means it is designed by the people – it is ‘Made By You’! The Fringe is what it is because of the thousands of artists who register, the hundreds of venues, and the hundreds of thousands of audience members who come out and see shows.
The theme for the 2017 Adelaide Fringe is ‘Adelaide Fringe: Made By You, With You, For You’. The Fringe transforms Adelaide into a magic wonderland of mythical proportions and we'd love to see entries that represent that.
As the largest open access multi-arts festival in the Southern Hemisphere, the Adelaide Fringe program is defined by the artists and venues who are brave enough to sign up to be a part of the festival.
The artists and venues together create magical spaces that take the Fringe audiences to somewhere unexpected, somewhere new!
They WOW! us, move us, make us laugh and bring joy to us all for the month of the festival.
Our amazing Fringe audiences come from Adelaide, Australia and the world - they truly bring the festival to life for four incredible weeks in summertime each year. For one whole month, audiences are invited to try something new and take a risk.
Adelaide Fringe is full to the brim with risk, innovation and fun… with a bit of glitter & sparkle thrown in for good measure!
We are looking for a poster that captures the exciting, magical and mythical spirit of our fabulous festival and the people who make it happen.
We look forward to seeing how the 2017 Adelaide Fringe poster entries capture the essence of the Fringe! In addition to massive exposure, the winner will receive a $2000 cash prize, as well as free artist registration to present their own exhibition as part of the 2017 Adelaide Fringe.
Looking for some inspiration? View our past posters here.
To enter, download the application form below and send it, along with your artwork (please note, files over 10mb will be rejected by our mail server - any larger files will need to be provided via a link for us to download them) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your entry to Adelaide Fringe, 64 Fullarton Road, Norwood SA 5067.
The winner will be required to provide a layered Photoshop or InDesign version of the poster with a minimum resolution of 300DPI at A1 size (594x841mm) or a scalable vector/EPS file - please keep this in mind when creating your submission.
Your original design may incorporate a range of materials and mediums, but your final entry must still be a two-dimensional representation of these ideas.
The poster must be suitable for reproduction in both colour and black & white.
The poster must be suitable for reproduction in a number of ways from the very large scale (eg, street posters, vinyl banners) to very small (eg, postage-stamp size for logos, advertisements press and online, and stationery).
The winning design will need to demonstrate flexibility so that it can be used in full or in part, in a variety of creative applications, for example; t-shirts; the Adelaide Fringe website; and on a range of printed material, such as program booklets, signage and the FringeTIX box offices.
If you use any images you haven’t created yourself you must own the copyright for the images or have permission to use them in your design.
The 2017 Adelaide Fringe logo will be added by Adelaide Fringe to the winner's artwork, however if you wish to show how the logo will be incorporated into your design, you may download it as a JPG here or an EPS here.
Applications close at 5pm ACST, Sunday 14 August 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be received by 5pm, Sunday 14 August 2016.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The competition winner shall assign to Adelaide Fringe Inc. (“Adelaide Fringe”) in perpetuity all copyright in the image that is selected as the winning entry (“the image”).
- You warrant that you own the copyright in the image and/or parts that comprise the image and are able to unimpeded assign copyright in full to the Adelaide Fringe.
- Adelaide Fringe may at its absolute discretion use part or the entire image for any purpose and in any form or manner.
- Entry forms must provide complete contact information: your name, name of institution or design firm (if applicable), mailing address, telephone, and email. Incomplete information may cause your entry to be disqualified.
- Submissions that do not meet the deadline will be disqualified.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting your entry to the Adelaide Fringe 2017 Poster Design Competition, you signify acceptance of all of the terms and conditions outlined here without exception.