Visa Assistance


Non-resident artists or companies intending to enter and perform/exhibit in Australia as part of Adelaide Fringe need to notify us of this during the registration process. You may need to apply for an Temporary Work (Entertainment) (subclass 420) Visa to perform in Australia. If so, this may need to be coordinated with ourselves and we liaise with the Immigration Department on your behalf to process your application, but we require your cooperation in the process.

The Temporary Work (Entertainment) (subclass 420) Visa provides for the entry, and stay, in Australia of entertainers and other persons under a performance contract involved in one or more specific performances in Australia. This may include actors, musicians, other entertainers involved in theatre, concerts, circuses etc, and support personnel including non-performing and technical personnel.

Read more here:

Sponsorship is required regardless of the period of stay (unless you are coming under a bilateral agreement). You may not change employer or change times or places of engagements in Australia without prior permission. Please note: visas are issued subject to a range of conditions. Adelaide Fringe will act as a sponsor for Fringe artists requiring an Temporary Work (Entertainment) (subclass 420) Visa.

The issue or non-issue of an Entertainment Visa is entirely at the discretion of the Department of Immigration. Adelaide Fringe will not be held liable for any circumstance or financial loss that is the result of a visa not being granted.